A good night sleep is what everybody needs to stay healthy. But to become healthy out of sleep, the sleep must be healthy too. Unhealthy sleep is a public health concern and attributed to many hazards, including; road accidents, mechanical disasters, and poor concentration leading to perilous errors. Unhealthy sleep is also linked to poor performance in school and difficulty performing daily chores because feeling of fatigue and sleepiness during the day . People who suffer from insufficient and general unhealthy sleep are also prone to various chronic illnesses, such as hypertension, depression, diabetes, and obesity.
Motherhood is the beginning of a new era. While the vision which you might have of motherhood is that it is the perfect time to bond with your baby but, in reality, it can be quite more stressful than just a prolonged bonding vacation. One of the 1st casualties of motherhood is your sleep. Oftentimes, moms are not able to get the required amount of sleep due to often looking after the baby. While this is not a problem for a couple of nights but if you’re sleep deprived for a longer period of time, it can take a toll on your health. During such times, most of the moms often wonder what are some useful sleep tips for moms?.
We would today share with you some useful sleep tips which you can follow in order to get perfect night sleep to keep yourself fresh as well as healthy.
1. Communicating with your partner:
When you’re not able to get enough hours of sleep, the 1st step which you have to undertake is to acknowledge the problem. You have to also speak with your partner and let them know that you are sleep deprived. The faster you recognize the problem, the better. Once your partner is aware of the sleep you need, he would be more receptive towards sharing the responsibility of taking care of the baby. This would automatically provide you with extra hours to catch on the required amount of sleep.
2. Sleeping as per your baby:
One of the basic tips which you can follow is to sleep when your baby sleeps. At the start, it would not be easy for you to accustom your body cycle to sleep as your baby sleeps but over a period of time, this can be made possible. Instead of worrying about other chores when your baby sleeps, it is a better idea to catch up on some much-needed sleep when your baby sleeps. This would not only provide you with the peaceful atmosphere for sleeping but also more than enough time to sleep and relax.
3. Saving for a nanny:
While this might not be an instant solution, still during pregnancy, you have to save up enough money for hiring a nanny for at least a year or two. After the birth of the child, if you have a nanny to take care or at least to aid in your work, you can be sure that you would get more than enough time for sleeping. This would help you in preventing sleep deprivation altogether.
4. Treating Post-Partum Depression:
One of the most underestimated causes of sleep deprivation for moms is the postpartum depression. Most of the people often just associate it with being tensed about the baby. However, postpartum depression can keep you awake for hours at night even when the baby is sleeping. The only way in which you can handle this is to opt for proper treatment along with counseling sessions. Postpartum depression is pretty common and is easy to deal with it as long as you are able to recognize the symptoms correctly.
5. Diagnosing the sleep disorders:
Sleep disorders are pretty common after childbirth. You have to consult your doctor then rule out the possibility of any sleeping disorders like sleep apnea. If at all, you are diagnosed with any sleeping disorder, you need to start the treatment immediately as the stress of handling the baby as well as sleep deprivation would take a toll on your health quite quickly.
6. Disconnecting from your phone:
Time is always at a premium when you’re handling your baby. In such a period, if you’re devoting the usual time to your smartphone to stay connected to your social media accounts, it would take away your sleeping time. That is why you have to isolate yourself from your smartphone in order to get some sleep.
7. Sleeping in a proper posture:
After the childbirth, you would be getting precious little time for sleep. That is why you have to make sure that you are making the most of it. Only when you’re having a proper sleeping place along with the best mattress, you can sleep in a proper posture. Once you sleep in a proper posture on the right mattress, you would be able to maximize the comfort which you can derive from sleeping for a limited number of hours. That is why sleeping in proper posture as well as on a good mattress is pretty important in order to rejuvenate and relax.
Some of the symptoms of postpartum depression which you have to be on the lookout for are:
- Being depressed even after 2 weeks of the childbirth
- Not being happy about being a parent
- Losing interest in your hobbies
- Finding it difficult to take quick decisions
If you’re witnessing any of the symptoms after about 2 weeks of birth, you should contact a doctor as soon as possible in order to treat the postpartum depression.
So, if you’re struggling with your sleeping schedule after the birth of the child, these are the 7 tips which you have to religiously follow. These 7 tips would not only help you increase your sleeping time but also would help you derive more comfort from the limited number of hours for which you are sleeping.
There are some things that you cannot save yourself from when you have kids. A bed-wetting incident is one of the many things that are inevitable. This is a natural part of growing up for kids. Dealing with this cannot be fun, but there are simple ways to remove urine from a mattress. If you act fast and handle the situation sensibly and sensitively, it will be pretty simple. Urine odor and stains quickly set in. this is why you should act fast to help the situation.
Urine regardless of whether it is from humans or animals contains uric acid crystals. This implies that you need an enzyme-based cleaning solution to deal with the mess. This can be a biological laundry detergent. It will permanently get rid of the odor, acid, as well as bacteria. The solution will clean urine from beddings and mattress fabric properly.
You will also find a high number of these solutions on the market. Be keen when selecting one and double check the label. Carefully follow instructions for safety and effectiveness. Prior to using the solution on the whole mattress and beddings, try first on a small area.
How To Get Urine Out Of A Mattress
- Get a dry paper towel, cloth or towel. Use any of these to blot up excess urine lightly. Once you are done, strip the bed carefully. Rubbing the stain is not recommendable as it will just spread the urine.
- In order to absorb the remaining moisture, sprinkle baking soda on the affected area.
- Make a biological washing powder solution using water. In case you will find the smell unbearable, try a vinegar and water solution.
- Spray your cleaning solution on the stains and allow it to soak for 3-5 minutes. When dealing with a commercial stain remover, always follow the instructions to the letter. Make sure you have protective gloves on and have your windows wide open for ventilation. The urine remover you use should be adequate to counterbalance the urine amount soaked in the mattress.
- After 5 minutes, blot up any moisture using a towel or a piece of cloth. This ensures that any residue urine is gotten rid of. It also inhibits mold. Ensure that you dry the mattress as much as possible without rubbing the messed area.
- Take the baking soda and sprinkle it over the whole mattress. After this, allow your mattress to dry thoroughly. Do not use the mattress for at least 18 hours. Therefore, make other sleeping plans and allow the mattress to dry overnight.
- Thoroughly vacuum the baking soda and take the mattress outside. You can also leave in a well-ventilated room for adequate air circulation. This will ensure that your mattress has no odor at all.
Protection and Prevention
With the above information, you can now simply clean urine from a mattress. However, if you do not apply any prevention measures, you might end up repeating the same procedure. You do not have to go through this again as you can prevent it. You can invest in sealed protectors which are available for duvets, mattresses, and pillows. These protectors not only protect your mattress but also keep you from dust mites. They will ensure that you will never deal with bacteria and other allergens as long as they are covering your beddings.
If you are wondering if the protectors are like the childhood cases and covers, then NO. Sealed protectors of the modern day are far subtle. They also do not slide and slip off the mattress when you sleep. They all come in different styles ranging from fitted to zippered designs. They feature breathable fibers that enhance relaxation and protection for you and your child.
Since you have learned how to clean urine from a mattress, you are now armed in case of unexpected accidents. If you follow the steps above, you will not experience even the slightest urine odor when you sleep. However, ensure that your beddings are protected with a sealed protector.
To enjoy a deep and restful night’s sleep, your mattress needs to be clean and in incredible condition. However, many are the times when it falls victim to major and minor accidents. If not taken care of, a mattress acquires stains and bad smell when it comes into contact with nasty and strong substances like urine or vomit. Are you struggling with vomit stains and smell?
Below are the simple tips to deal with this effortlessly. Taking care of a mattress increases its lifespan. It also enhances the quality of your sleep. When a mattress smells of vomit, the highest probability is that vomit stains are present. Therefore, you cannot get rid of vomit smell on a mattress without cleaning the stains. Below is a comprehensive and detailed guide on how to go about this.
When your mattress comes into contact with vomit, you need to act fast. This will help in ensuring that it will not get stubborn stains. You do not have to spend a fortune when dealing with this. This home remedy will save you lots of money and leave you with a clean mattress.
- Remove all the pillowcases, sheets and bed sheets from the bed immediately the accident happens. Clean them and keep them in perfect condition.
- A mattress that has vomit smell needs more than the normal detergent and soap for cleaning. Therefore, you will require various homemade concoctions which will provide deeper cleaning. White vinegar is one of the products that are perfect for this purpose. It’s a perfect solution for getting rid of vomit stains. As a matter of fact, its acidity works marvelously in getting rid of vomit smell.
- Mix a part of white vinegar with a couple parts warm water
- Then add various liquid soap drops that have intense flavor like lemon
- Once you are done mixing the solutions, use a sponge or brush to clean the mattress. Allow the solution to soak in the mattress for about 5 minutes. Let the solution dry on the mattress. To accelerate the drying process, use a hot air dryer.
- In case vinegar is not working on its own, you can boost its action by baking soda. Baking soda contains super cleaning power. Moreover, it has antibacterial properties and this gets rid of the nasty vomit smell.
- After applying white vinegar on the stains, allow the solution about 5 minutes to soak. It is after this that you should sprinkle baking soda at the top. An effect of effervescence appears to signify the reaction between the two. Once the stain dries up, vacuum the mattress to get rid of any debris. Ensure that the stains are gone and the smell is no more.
- Apart from white vinegar and baking soda, there are other products that can work perfectly in eliminating vomit stains and smell. For instance, the boric acid powder has zero chemicals and is a great disinfectant. To acquire it, you must visit specialized cleaning product shops. Make sure that you are following any given instructions on the product.
- To use boric acid, you need to sprinkle some water on the stain then sprinkle the acid on the area. Using a sponge, have circular motions on the area until the vomit smell and stain disappears. Once it gets dry, vacuum the mattress thoroughly to make it ready for use.
- Hydrogen peroxide is another locally available solution that you can use to remove vomit smell on a mattress. This solution contains powerful disinfecting and bleaching effects. However, before using this product on the entire area, use on a small area. Watch how it reacts with your mattress to avoid transformation and staining. To use hydrogen peroxide for vomit smell elimination from the mattress, use a sponge. Wet the sponge using hydrogen peroxide and rub the affected mattress area. Rub the sponge in circular movements to get rid of the smell and stains.
This guide provides more than one way to get rid of vomit smell on the mattress. Use the one that is most suitable and accessible to you. All the products mentioned above are available in stores and cleaning shops. The methods work marvelously without costing you much. All the best!!!
Just because you are buying a new mattress, it does not mean it will forever retain that condition. It will wear with time and loss its shape. However, the rate of wearing away differs from one mattress to another. How long a mattress lasts depends on various factors. This ranges from the type of mattress to the weight of the user. Thinking of how long a mattress lasts is critical when buying a mattress. This is because you are not only making an investment but also deciding on what you will live with for a long time.
The lifespan of a mattress refers to the length of time your mattress can retain its original support and comfort. If you know this, you can comfortably budget for replacement. A good mattress will save you from both medical bills and uncomfortable nights.
How long does a mattress last?
Mattresses should serve you for various years before replacement. The life expectancy changes with regard to the material type used. For this reason, there are mattresses that last longer than others. Nonetheless, most high-end mattresses feature a lifespan of 7 to 10 years. However, this is just an average as it can last more than this depending on care given. You should replace high-end mattresses after 10 years. As a matter of fact, latex and foam mattresses last longer than their average lifespan.
Memory foam mattresses are usually prone to sagging. However, this does not mean they are invincible. They mostly feature mid length longevity of a decade. To maximize how long you can use it, you should flip it most of the times. You should also take great care of the mattress.
This is a mattress that features a pocketed coil support system similar to innerspring mattresses. Apart from this it also has a comforting layer that contains latex or foam. This mattress type has a shorter lifespan as it degrades faster than others.
A high-end hybrid mattress can serve you for a maximum of 6 years before replacement. Nonetheless, the lifespan depends on the polyfoam grade in the support core.
These mattresses are superior and feature the longest lifespan. Averagely, this mattress can serve you for 15 years with proper care. You can replace the layer that wears out when it comes to latex mattresses. This is the factor that enhances this kind of superior durability. Notwithstanding the fact that you can flip each layer of individually to boost even wear.
This mattress features coil springs that sag quickly and lose strength. This makes the lifespan of this type of mattress short. The high-end models of innerspring mattresses will not serve you beyond 8 years on average.
Do you prefer customizable firmness? If yes, this is the mattress for you. On average, this mattress can serve you for 5 years before the need to replace it. After about 5 years, the air in this mattress can start leaking. Additionally, the irreplaceable built-in air pump usually dysfunctions after 5 years.
These are mattresses that have medium to high durability. The fact that they lack springs boosts their durability. The mattress can serve you for 7-9 years on average. However, with good maintenance, this lifespan can extend.
The lifespan of this mattress is not long. In most cases, the mattress type has a below average longevity. Nonetheless, with good care, this mattress can serve you for 5 years.
Some of the factors that affect a mattress’s lifespan
- Frequency of use
There are various factors that will indicate your mattress requires replacement. The common one includes waking up with neck, back hip or shoulder pain. At times, you might wake up stiff or tired than you slept. If you notice that your mattress is worn out on the surface, it is time to replace it.